The 10 Days of November: Day 1

Monday, November 10, 2014

Welcome to the 10 Days of November.  This project is a November Daily, if you will.   Let me explain.  The 10 days represent the Friday before Thanksgiving and continues through the week of Thanksgiving, ending on Sunday. This year the dates are Friday, November 21 – November 30, 2014.  To me, this is Thanksgiving!  It's when family and friends come together, traveling across the country or across town.  It’s about the love and traditions we share.  And, it's about the stories and memories we remember.

I’ve been considering a project like this for some time, and out of sheer frustration, I decided it was time to make it happen!   Thanksgiving is not just a day sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas!  It's a special holiday and it needs to be spotlighted. 

I know you are all familiar with the December Daily concept.  It’s a wonderful project highlighting all those special moments during the month of December. I needed create a small version (fewer days) for documenting those same special memories during Thanksgiving.  Of course, I could incorporate my 10 Days of November into Project Life each year, but by doing that, my project didn’t seem to have the importance I was looking for.  I love the idea of a separate, smaller album just for Thanksgiving.  This is something I plan to add to each year, and display during the Thanksgiving holiday.

As I was planning my 10 days of November, I made a list of things I wanted to include and photograph.  I thought some of these ideas might help you.  Of course, this is not my original list.  You probably couldn’t read it.  Thank goodness my daughter Katelyn, came to my rescue and put together this beautiful list.  Thanks Kate!



I hope you’ll join me in documenting your 10 days of November, however please feel free to fine-tune your November album with any time period that works for you.  You may feel the 7 Days of November is a better fit!  Do I hear 5 days?  I would love to hear what you are doing.

Please stop back by this week for additional posts of my 10 Days of November series.    
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs