Halloween Week 1 ~ Anything But a Card

Monday, October 3, 2011

It's October and that means Halloween, right?  Well, that's what my daughters think!

I have some Halloween projects to share with you for the next couple of weeks.  I hope these projects will inspire you to create some Halloween fun!  My project today was inspired by something I saw in a small shop in Carmel, California this Summer. It was a collection of three old paperback books stacked one on top of each other with the covers and binding removed, tied up with twine and embellished with seashells.  Immediately, I filed this under "future projects".  After returning from vacation, I was on a mission to find some old hard back books. I thought hard back books would give this project more of a vintage feel.

Here's my Halloween version of the book display I saw in California:



When I found these books they were headed for the trash.  The pages were falling out, some even torn, and the covers were awful.

This project took no time at all once I found the books.  I used black tulle to tie them together and a Halloween pick from Michaels.  How easy is that?  I plan to reuse these books for Thanksgiving  and Christmas as well. 

I'm also linking my project to:

Itsy Bitsy Paper

Embellishing Life

Simply Designing


I hope you'll stop back by to see the rest of the Halloween projects I have planned this week and next.

Cheryl 

3 comments:

  1. I love when things are easy and yet turn out so cute. I have some old books but hadn't thought of using them for Halloween decor. Thanks for the idea and also for your comment on my blog!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! You could change it up every season! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I love the look of books with the covers ripped off, they are so in right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs